Aveiro is a city that deserves an extended visit. There are so many attractions that when you visit Aveiro in just 1 day you will feel that you have not seen much and that you will have to return here.
And I’m glad that it is. Aveiro is a good city to visit several times. It is a clean, bright and well-received city.
Knowing that it is difficult to highlight some points of interest for a visit to Aveiro that only lasts 1 day, we chose to leave here a list of activities not to be missed in a visit to the city of canals, also known as Venice of Portugal.
1) Moliceiro walk in the Ria; Visiting Aveiro and not boating on the canals of the city aboard a traditional moliceiro is like going to Rome and not seeing the Pope.
2) Visit the salt flats; The tradition of salt is very old and ingrained in our people. Some of the boat trips are made aboard the traditional Mercantel boat that served to transport the salt. In the heyday of the salinas, Aveiro had more than 300 active saltworks. At the moment there are few that are still in operation. You can visit Salina da Noeirinha, right in the center of Aveiro and combine with the Moliceiro boat ride.
3) Visit Costa Nova; The Costa Nova Beach is unique in Portugal. Your colorful haystacks will be one of the moments that you will most photograph on your visit to Aveiro. Enjoy the visit to Costa Nova beach and try the traditional guts of Ovos Moles.
4) Visit the Barra; Next to the Costa Nova is the beach of the Barra. If you have a time, enjoy it and make some beach. If you do not have this time visit the lighthouse, which is one of the largest in Europe.
5) Eat Ovos Moles; Visiting Aveiro and not eating soft eggs is a sin. Enter the avenues of Aveiro, discover one of the many pastries that make this delicacy and do not leave the visit to Aveiro without tasting and take soft eggs for the way
6) Buggy walking in the city (Free Use Bicycle in Aveiro – B.U.G.A); After we fill ourselves with calories with the soft eggs we will even have to exercise. Then the best option is to take a tour of BUGA. Next to the market Manuel Firmino you will find the BUGA shop and there you can order one or more bikes to know some places of Aveiro that are a little far to get there on foot.
Surely after visiting Aveiro one day you will feel like coming back. Good visit.